Thursday 6 January 2011

Happy 2011!


2010 is gone and a new year is about to start. I like this fresh start, the reset sensation.

2010 was for me a hard year: it was the year I handled my PhD thesis (weeeeeeee! November 30th!) and until that day I worked in the lab, read a million papers, forgot where I read that piece of information and had to re-read the papers again, suffered, got frustrated, got lost. But somehow, I managed with lot of support of my colleges/supervisors, J and family. I cried when I pressed the send button on the computer to submit the thesis and I was truly happy the next days.

I had some travelling: South Africa, Cardiff and Portugal, although, Portugal does not count because it’s going back home.

I made good shopping: did not regret my options and I explored “The Outnet” more and made some good buys.

It was a happy year and a sad year with the loss of my grandmother and my great-uncle and great-aunt.

Due to the thesis, 2010 was a poor year regarding going to the movies and book reading but I hope I will make it up on 2011.

201o brought me also some extra kilos due to the work-stress and the consequent need of food confort. For 2011 I hope to loose 5 kg (let’s get to work!)

2011 will be the year that I will defend my thesis and become a scientific grownup. Can’t wait!

Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment